On completion of the training, delegates will have gained the necessary skills and knowledge to be able to plan and prepare BA exercises and be capable of delivering lectures on all aspects of Breathing Apparatus equipment and procedures.
On completion, the delegates will have developed a practical and theoretical understanding of:
- Practical Sessions Theoretical Sessions
- Observation Exercises Set Description
- Syndicate Exercise – Obscured Vision BA Malfunctions and defects
- Syndicate Exercise – Live Fire Conditions Exercise Planning
- Instructional Technique Observers and Safety
- Briefing and de-briefing Officers
- Wearing ability Heat and Humidity
- Monitoring BA Crews/crew safety Guideline procedures
- Exercise planning and risk assessment Entry Control Procedures
- Risk Assessment
- Working in smoke and darkness
- BA Procedures
Assessment will take the form of both subjective and objective written examination, based upon course objectives. The course also incorporates practical assessments which will assess the delegate’s ability to prepare and deliver a presentation of 15 minutes duration on a Breathing Apparatus related subject. In addition, delegates will be assessed on their ability to create, plan and conduct safe and meaningful breathing apparatus exercises including live fire training sessions. Delegates will receive both theoretical and practical results, with these results being collated to provide an overall grade.
The course is both theoretically and practically orientated, delegates must be capable of preparing and delivering lectures as well as practically demonstrating BA wearing competence in hot fire-fighting situations.
Delegates attending the course should be physically fit. It is advisable that they should contact their doctor or occupational health department for a physical check-up, as this is a physically and mentally demanding course.
Impeller have negotiated a preferential rate with the local Grand Hotel in Sunderland for all of our delegates. The rate includes bed, breakfast and evening meal which can be added to your booking or paid for separately at the hotel.
The hotel is a mere 6 miles from Impeller’s training centre and boasts fantastic facilities such as complimentary Wifi, gymnasium and swimming pool.