This 2-day course is accredited by Mental Health England and delivered by a Mental Health England accredited trainer. Upon completion of the course, all delegates receive a Mental Health England manual and certificate.
2 day course
The course takes place through a mix of group activities, presentations and group discussions, this practical skills and awareness course is designed to give the delegate a deeper understanding of mental health, confidence to step in and reassure a person in distress and enhance interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- The Mental Health First Aid Action Plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- What is depression?
- Symptoms of depression
- Risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
- What is an anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychhosis
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
Buffet lunch and refreshments are provided, all delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a Mental Health England manual and certificate.