Our accredited Mental Health First Aid England trainer will guide the delegates through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions. The course will give a deeper understanding of mental health, confidence to step in and reassure a person in distress and enhance interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
• Why Mental Health First Aid?
• The Mental Health Firsts Aid Action Plan
• What is mental health?
• Impact of mental health issues
• Stigma and discrimination
• What is depression?
• Symptoms of depression
• Risk factors for depression
• Depression in the workplace
• Suicide figures
• Alcohol, drugs and mental health
• First aid for suicidal crisis
• Non-judgemental listening skills
• First aid for depression
• Treatment and resources for depression
• What is an anxiety disorder?
• First aid for anxiety disorders
• Crisis firsts aid after a traumatic event
• Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
• Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
• Cognitive distortions and CBT
• Personality disorders
• Eating disorders
• What is psychosis?
• Risk factors for psychosis
• Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
• Bipolar disorder
• Warning signs of developing psychosis
• Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
Buffet lunch and refreshments are provided, all delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate and manual from Mental Health First Aid England.